Hi all y’all,
I am totally happy and relieved today to have completed my first parade as a Pussyfooter. I have an idea now what Mardi Gras will be like. The Krewe of Jingle Parade was 2 and a half miles and family friendly. The Krewe of Muses Parade will be 13 miles and big crowds. I’m thinking insoles.
I woke up one morning last week thinking, “I wonder if anyone just downloads my paintings?”. On the blog, I usually post works in progress. I sometimes put low resolution copies on-line. But sometimes I put high-resolution copies on-line. I know some of y’all are doing the same thing or thinking of doing the same thing with your art. I don’t like to think so, but maybe all art lovers aren’t ethical.
I contacted my could-be-daughter-in-law and she sent me this link, http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/watermark-images-photoshop/. I downloaded a free 30 day trial of Photoshop CS6. (Make sure you close all windows before you start the download and beware it takes 15 hours to download.)
The things you can do with this program are amazingly fun.
This is so funny… WordPress won’t let me show you my cool watermarks, because they are copyrighted. Good job WordPress!
I will tell you how I made the watermark that I like best:
1. I used a low resolution picture to be double-protected.
2. I drag/dropped the picture onto Photoshop CS6.
3. I made a Text box.
4. In white, I wrote Gator Girl Art in a cursive font.
5. Selected Layer, Layer Style, Blending Options, 50% opacity.
6. To rotate the watermark diagonally, I selected the Marquee Tool, right-clicked the text, and selected Free Transform. Hovering over any corner, you will see a small curved arrow letting you know you can rotate the image.
There are many, many ideas if you go to the article. The watermark I like the best is embossed.
In a perfect world, my daughter could marry her girlfriend and photo images wouldn’t need watermarks. Someday…
Until next week,
All my love,
2 thoughts on “Some copyright helpful hints”
All the high res pictures on etsy were watermarked Friday night!
I saw pictures and a video of you on facebook! You were ROCKIN!